- Are you fighting with your child about completing chores or homework?
- Do you have a child who has frequent tantrums or acts out aggressively?
- Do you have trouble getting your kids to stop fighting?
- Are you fed up with your child’s lying and don’t know how to get it to stop?
- Are you worried your child spends too much time on electronics?
Parenting, though fulfilling, may still be on of the most difficult and time-consuming aspects of a person’s life. Parents are responsible for a child’s daily needs as well as helping develop life skills, social skills and appropriate behaviors while honoring their own uniqueness, gifts and abilities.
At Visionary Family Counseling, we offer individual parent coaching and workshops based on Positive Discipline principles (Learn more and sign up for one now!). Positive Discipline is a program developed by Dr. Jane Nelsen. It is based on the work of Alfred Adler and Rudolf Dreikurs and designed to teach young people to become responsible, respectful and resourceful members of their communities. Positive Discipline teaches important social and life skills in a manner that is deeply respectful and encouraging for both children and adults (including parents, teachers, childcare providers, youth workers, and others).